Monday, January 23, 2012

Freedom

The creator of the world loves YOU. I just thought I needed to say that. I don't know who needs that reminder, or what crazy curveballs life has thrown your way during this season, but I do know that God loves you... and He loves you so much that He sent His one and only Son to die on a wooden cross so that you would be made clean and could spend eternity in heaven with the lover of your soul. I'm sure you've heard it before... but I'm also sure that you can't hear it enough. You might even be reading this and thinking... "I've heard all this before, but I don't think you understand, I've messed up ALOT... there is no way that God still loves me after all I've done." or "I'm not who people think I am, and God knows that... there is no way He could possibly love the real me." But guess what my friends, all of those things are lies straight from the pits of hell. I've thought those very things before... self condemnation is something I struggle with, but God is freeing me from that and it's amazing. Every time I messed up I would add an invisible line to the invisible scoreboard in my head... "Sin- 1032453452345. Sarah- 0" But God started showing me that He doesn't see my sin... He sent Jesus to take care of that for me. I was reading Romans 8 tonight, and verses 37-39 really hit home with me... "But in all these things we overwhelmingly conquer through Him who loved us. For I am convinced that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers, nor height, nor depth, nor any other created thing, will be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord." Snap. There is no way around it... once you trust in Christ, and accept that He is your savior, then you have been made clean. You are loved... you are precious... you are righteous... you are loved, and nothing (and I mean NOTHING) can separate you from the love of God. So take that Satan and your lies... I've been made new, and you have no power here.

No comments:

Post a Comment